Brodie Scissor Bite

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

meri

Brodie Scissor Bite

#1 Post by meri »

My 12 year old started with braces about 20 months ago. She started with overjet and deep bite. I noticed 6 months ago her molars on the left side did not overlap the bottom correctly and I thought that was just the normal process of braces. I questioned my orthodontist and she now has a scissor bite and who knows how long it will take to correct it. I told her I was disappointed with the progress and she said I worry too much. Did the orthodontist do something wrong or didn't she do something right for it to come to this point. I have consulted two other orthodontists and when I showed them her before pictures, they were surprised on how it happened but didn't say she did anything wrong. One ortho said he could try and fix it and will take 18 months but no guarantees and if he can't it will be surgery. Pleas advise. I am very worried.

Mpkh

Re: Brodie Scissor Bite

#2 Post by Mpkh »

I started with a cross bite (aka, scissor bite) and an edge to edge bite, and during the correction of my edge to edge bite, I ended up with an open bite. The open bite was corrected, and my bite ended up being a perfect class 1 at the end of treatment.

Teeth do not always move the way they’re supposed to move, and orthodontic treatments can be unpredictable.
Braced: April 07, 2017
Debraced: February 08, 2019
Sentence: 18-24 months
Actual time in braces: 22 months and 1 day
Reason: Straighten teeth, correct crossbite and edge-to-edge bite

http://myjourneyandlifewithbraces.blogspot.ca