Grinding

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

Bracefacebride

Grinding

#1 Post by Bracefacebride »

Does anyone grind their teeth? I’ve noticed I have been over being stressed about getting braces. I hope it doesn’t continue after I get them on. Does anyone grind with braces? Do you have a mouth guard specialty made for braces? :x

cbraces678

Re: Grinding

#2 Post by cbraces678 »

I do. It’s one of the reasons I got braces. Clenching and grinding during sleep caused my teeth to shift a lot. No mouth guard or anything. I was told to weather through it. A mouth guard will affect jaw position and tooth movement. It’s definitely improved a lot since I got braces though. You should be fine!

Bracefacebride

#3 Post by Bracefacebride »

Thank you!!!

djspeece

#4 Post by djspeece »

Bracefacebride wrote: Thu May 23, 2019 7:08 pm Does anyone grind their teeth? I’ve noticed I have been over being stressed about getting braces. I hope it doesn’t continue after I get them on. Does anyone grind with braces? Do you have a mouth guard specialty made for braces? :x
I think the sponsor of this forum, dentakit.com, has a mouth guard available for just this reason. I'd recommend checking with your ortho first.
I think most people who get braces (especially adults) stress out over it -- in anticipation, and then for a few weeks after they are applied as we adjust to a new self image, eating habits, and discomfort. It's all part of the charm of orthodontics :wink: . Best of luck to you.
Dan

Pain is inevitable. Suffering is optional. -- Buddist saying

Bracefacebride

#5 Post by Bracefacebride »

Thank you, I think you are very right. Appreciate your response!

clh5086

#6 Post by clh5086 »

I do, and it has been worse since braces. Even worse still now that I'm in elastics. A few months into my braces, I cracked the outer corner off of a tooth while grinding at night. i can't wait to have the braces off and use a night guard to protect my teeth.