Clarity Braces

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

Bracefacebride

Clarity Braces

#1 Post by Bracefacebride »

Just had my consultation, I was hoping for invisalign but my case is recommended for wire braces, due to my impacted canine. I think I am going with ceramic. Bonus is my Ortho doesn't charge more for those vs.regular. Who else has ceramic and do you have any tips or advice? A bit about me: I am 33, work in a professional office setting and getting married in a years time... my dental "jail sentence" is 18-22 months. Ortho said he had no issues in taking off for my wedding and for regular cleanings so that's good.

Jami1

Re: Clarity Braces

#2 Post by Jami1 »

Like you, I wanted Invisalign but due to bite issues, I was told that I would need numerous buttons etc on Invisalign and results would never be as good. I decided to go with ceramic as I am a professional and do a lot f speaking in my job. I was originally told the standard 18 to 24 months. I am about 11 months in now and things have moved very quickly. (Btw... I am significantly older than you... old enough to be your mother😂) We are now starting finishing movements. Issues I have: O ligatures stain..... I go in to have the ligs changed every 2 weeks, drink coffee with a straw, save the red wine until the day or two prior to lig changes (same with red sauce etc). Absolutely no yellow mustard or curry. I am neurotic with flossing and a waterpic and go for cleanings every 3 months (go to ortho and have wire removed... then to dentist and back to ortho for wire reinsertion). Braces have definitely changed the way I think about food but I know it will be worth it in the end. Good Luck!!!!

Bracefacebride

#3 Post by Bracefacebride »

Thank you so much. I really appreciate your tips from experience and will be mindful of the same. It’s so nice to have this forum to connect with other adults.

Do you have any issues sleeping? I’m reading on other sites that some people can’t sleep on their side because their braces dig into their mouth, but maybe that’s just with traditional metal braces.

Hope your journey continues to go well!

Speck

#4 Post by Speck »

Bracefacebride wrote: Sun Jun 02, 2019 4:04 pmDo you have any issues sleeping? I’m reading on other sites that some people can’t sleep on their side because their braces dig into their mouth, but maybe that’s just with traditional metal braces.
Howdy. I have traditional metal braces and haven't had any discomfort while sleeping on my side. And I mostly sleep on my side. I suspect you'll be just fine.

Cheers!
-Andy