Finishing phase time????

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

Jami1

Finishing phase time????

#1 Post by Jami1 »

I’m curious as to approximate times for “finishing” stage where fine adjustments etc. are made. I have read that the initial alignment phase generally moves fairly quickly around 6-7 months. The second phase or “bite alignment” I believe typically takes the most amount of time. Does anyone have any info on the finishing phase? I know everyone is different and each case is individual, but I am interested in what others have heard!!! My ortho has talked about putting something slight bends in wires to move teeth into a final alignment. Thoughts?????

Mpkh

Re: Finishing phase time????

#2 Post by Mpkh »

I was in finishing wires for the last 13 months of my treatment. My orthodontist made small adjustments to align my teeth and worked on my bite during those months.
Braced: April 07, 2017
Debraced: February 08, 2019
Sentence: 18-24 months
Actual time in braces: 22 months and 1 day
Reason: Straighten teeth, correct crossbite and edge-to-edge bite

http://myjourneyandlifewithbraces.blogspot.ca

nybizzle

#3 Post by nybizzle »

My ortho told me that the finishing phase usually takes about 6 months to complete.

md1512

#4 Post by md1512 »

My finishing phase (which is nearly finished) has taken the longest and has been the slowest part, its been a pain getting tiny movements over a couple months!

jfriend33

#5 Post by jfriend33 »

i spent about 6 months in active retention, iirc after a few adjustments and getting my entire uppers repositioned. For finishing, they did my IPR early on.

My finishing is annoying. They should have removed my molar rings up top a few visits before to let those come forward instead i have had to use minor tooth movement via adjustments in essex aligners.

2 months