Left retainer on hot windowsill

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

Fiatbraces

Left retainer on hot windowsill

#1 Post by Fiatbraces »

After wearing my retainer in the night I take it off, brush it and then leave it on the windowsill anyway today it was really hot and I picked my retainer case up and it was really hot, I opened the retainer case and my retainer was only a little warm but my main concern is it may have made it warp, I tried the retainer on and it still fitted ok, I’m worried the retainer may have warped a bit and may not be as effective now, anyone know if I should be worried? Thanks

djspeece

Re: Left retainer on hot windowsill

#2 Post by djspeece »

I don't think you have anything to worry about as long as you are feeling the same sensation when you put it in, i.e., your teeth pulling a bit. At least I feel some slight tension when I insert mine every night. If this feeling has changed, then you should probably see your ortho. Best of luck to you.
Dan

Pain is inevitable. Suffering is optional. -- Buddist saying