worried about permanent retainer

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

Fiatbraces

worried about permanent retainer

#1 Post by Fiatbraces »

I finally got my brace off today and had a permanent retainer fitted anyway I just ate and bit into the retainer, the permanent retainer seems to still be in place but slightly worried I may have damaged the permanent retainer , would I know if the permanent retainer came loose or had been damaged?

Mpkh

Re: worried about permanent retainer

#2 Post by Mpkh »

You will know if the permanent retainer is damaged or loose—you will feel it come loose and the tension it provides will not be the same.
Braced: April 07, 2017
Debraced: February 08, 2019
Sentence: 18-24 months
Actual time in braces: 22 months and 1 day
Reason: Straighten teeth, correct crossbite and edge-to-edge bite

http://myjourneyandlifewithbraces.blogspot.ca

Fiatbraces

#3 Post by Fiatbraces »

Mpkh wrote: Tue Apr 09, 2019 1:49 pm You will know if the permanent retainer is damaged or loose—you will feel it come loose and the tension it provides will not be the same.
Thank you, this has put my mind at ease!

Fiatbraces

#4 Post by Fiatbraces »

Mpkh wrote: Tue Apr 09, 2019 1:49 pm You will know if the permanent retainer is damaged or loose—you will feel it come loose and the tension it provides will not be the same.
Hi this morning I brushed my teeth and bits of glue come off the back of my teeth, is this just the residue from having the retainer fitted? Thanks