Lingual Tad

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

deanodirector

Lingual Tad

#1 Post by deanodirector »

Hello,

A long story short I have jaw problems because my molars on one side are a different level to the other. Orthodontics has helped so far but some things get worse. I've been getting a terrible itching burning in one side following appointments - I think due to opening me mouth wide for a long time because it comes on for a few days following appointments and then fades. My orthodontist has given me two options:

1. Have two tads put in, one either side of the molars, with buttons placed on the lingual sides of the molars and bands pulling them in.
2. Wait for a stronger wire and just have one tad on the outside.

I feel like either option is bad because if I wait my jaw problems continue and if I have two I might get for of the itchy burning from opening my mouth wide.

I'm not expecting answers to the jaw issues but I was wondering if there are types of wire that can avoid the wait. i.e. low strength but good torque control and filling the bracket hole. Any ideas?