Removing bottom braces to close my bite

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

FoxyCinnamon

Removing bottom braces to close my bite

#1 Post by FoxyCinnamon »

So my ortho and my dentist agreed that i need to remove my bottom braces in order to close my bite (my back teeth dont touch) because my front teeth touch my bottom braces. Has anyone else experience that?
It would really help me if anyone that has been through this replied 😊

pcspinheiro

Re: Removing bottom braces to close my bite

#2 Post by pcspinheiro »

Very strange call, I would say... They usually put molar buildups or a front bite plane to avoid damage to front teeth.

SDFD TSchott

Re: Removing bottom braces to close my bite

#3 Post by SDFD TSchott »

pcspinheiro wrote: Sat Feb 16, 2019 9:15 am Very strange call, I would say... They usually put molar buildups or a front bite plane to avoid damage to front teeth.
I agree with this why would they remove the lowers when they can use molar build ups or bite plane instead of removing and stalling progress.

Adjustment Sept 14th, 2018
Braces back on August 06, 2018
Braces off April 02, 2008