Brown spot on tooth. Cavity?

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

AngelCatMei

Brown spot on tooth. Cavity?

#1 Post by AngelCatMei » Sat Jan 12, 2019 5:41 am

Hi guys, I just had my lower right first molar extracted two weeks ago. It was a failed root canal tooth. After extraction, I noticed that there's a brown spot on my last molar. It was not on the chewing surface, it was like in between the first and second molar. But now that the first molar is gone, nothing is blocking the brown spot.

I didn't think much of it TBH. But fews days back I experienced sensitivity/toothache kinda of pain when I apply large amounts of toothpaste directly to that brown spot. It went away after I rinse it out. It didn't hurt when I don't apply toothpaste directly tho.

I asked my dentist about that brown spot, she checked with it with the explorer to find for soft spot but there isn't any. She told me it was something (I couldn't remember the words) but no attention needed for it unless I experience constant toothache. I was wondering if it was an arrested decay.... But, if it was, why is it having toothache pain when i apply toothpaste directly on it?

Sorry, I'm super paranoid. At the age of 22, I'm already lost my first chewing molar due to root canal tooth not healing even after 6 months.... One good news is I'm taking out my braces in about two months!!

I'm super unlucky as my teeth have very deep and narrow groove. Is super hard to clean it well even though I floss, brush, waterpik and mouthwash it.

Here's the recent x-ray 3 months back. The circle area is where the brown spot is at.

http://imgur.com/7bHMSR8

:HugeGrin: :Questions: :Questions: :Questions:

AndAndAnd

Re: Brown spot on tooth. Cavity?

#2 Post by AndAndAnd » Tue Jan 15, 2019 2:36 am

Hi - probably best just to see your dentist again and get them to clarify it for you.