Next appointment is to make impressions...

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

Heartofdarkness

Next appointment is to make impressions...

#1 Post by Heartofdarkness »

For my retainer!! I can't believe this journey soon is over! I have been complaining here about not feeling satisfied with how my teeth look, but some minor changes and talking with my ortho made me feel so much better.

My mold appointment is January 31, and they will take the braces off within a week after that. I got the top braces on Feb 16 2017 so I hope I will be done before the 2 year mark (I was told no more than 1,5 years). I find myself looking at my teeth with a big smile over and over, I can't imagine what it will be like when the braces are off. :D

I hope you are happy with your current teeth journey and that you have a wonderful Christmas holiday. :)

assertives

Re: Next appointment is to make impressions...

#2 Post by assertives »

Yay! Congrats on reaching the finishing line! :dance:

Heartofdarkness

#3 Post by Heartofdarkness »

assertives wrote: Sun Dec 23, 2018 5:38 pm Yay! Congrats on reaching the finishing line! :dance:
Thanks!! :heart:

djspeece

#4 Post by djspeece »

Congratulations and Merry Christmas!
Dan

Pain is inevitable. Suffering is optional. -- Buddist saying

Heartofdarkness

#5 Post by Heartofdarkness »

djspeece wrote: Mon Dec 24, 2018 4:09 am Congratulations and Merry Christmas!
Thank you, and Merry Christmas to you as well! :)

Heartofdarkness

#6 Post by Heartofdarkness »

Still in braces, lol. A gap (that appeared once, got fixed, and reappeared) and an inwards tilting front tooth got in the way of my liberation.

Fingers crossed everything stays in place now until my next mold appointment, March 19. I also got the de-bracing date set, March 26. May time fly!

assertives

#7 Post by assertives »

Fingers crossed that things stabilises for you! I had my debrace schedule pushed back for a couple of months because I was not happy with how my molars are lining or rather not lining up. When my ortho made the necessary adjustments, other teeth that were straight become misaligned again within 24 hours. Can't help but wonder how ready was I really for debracing. :|

kplatt2010

#8 Post by kplatt2010 »

That's wonderful news!
I'm getting mine off Monday after 3 years! I'm so excited!!!! :jump:
Karla

SinkFullOfDinner

#9 Post by SinkFullOfDinner »

Heartofdarkness and Karla - Congrats in advance to you both! Karla, these next three days will probably feel as long as the last three years!

Teslathecat

#10 Post by Teslathecat »

[quote=kplatt2010 post_id=506996 time=1552010640 user_id=32146]
That's wonderful news!
Karla
[/quote]

Congrats. Can't wait to see your teeth once all the braces are off :)

Heartofdarkness

#11 Post by Heartofdarkness »

kplatt2010 wrote: Thu Mar 07, 2019 7:04 pm That's wonderful news!
Karla
That was yesterday! Congratulations!! Tell us everything! :D

Heartofdarkness

#12 Post by Heartofdarkness »

assertives wrote: Tue Mar 05, 2019 4:55 am Fingers crossed that things stabilises for you! I had my debrace schedule pushed back for a couple of months because I was not happy with how my molars are lining or rather not lining up. When my ortho made the necessary adjustments, other teeth that were straight become misaligned again within 24 hours. Can't help but wonder how ready was I really for debracing. :|
Thank you! It seems it finally has stabilised. Oh damn... But looking back we will be so happy we went those extra months.

Heartofdarkness

#13 Post by Heartofdarkness »

My dentist surprised me today by suggesting that I come in this Friday to get the braces off instead of next Tuesday! I couldn't believe it.
"This Friday? THIS coming Friday? To get them off? Friday instead of Tuesday? THIS FRIDAY??!"