How much teeth do you have?

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

Lovespain5

How much teeth do you have?

#1 Post by Lovespain5 »

Hi users! I wonder how much teeth do you have? I personnally have only 24 teeth because of 4 bicuspids out and impacted wisdom teeth (which will never grow up). Is there another one with 24 teeth on the forum or am I the only one? Thanks for the answers :)
:?:-#):mrgreen:

Heartofdarkness

Re: How much teeth do you have?

#2 Post by Heartofdarkness »

I had to count. They are 28. I have one tooth removed due to braces, one wisdom removed, and 2 wisdoms grown out.

assertives

#3 Post by assertives »

I also have only 24 teeth as well. I had to extract 4 premolars plus 4 wisdom teeth before getting braces.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Mpkh

#4 Post by Mpkh »

28. I had my wisdom teeth extracted when they grew in.
Braced: April 07, 2017
Debraced: February 08, 2019
Sentence: 18-24 months
Actual time in braces: 22 months and 1 day
Reason: Straighten teeth, correct crossbite and edge-to-edge bite

http://myjourneyandlifewithbraces.blogspot.ca

wendydong

#5 Post by wendydong »

yes, i have 3 widsom teeth...

kplatt2010

#6 Post by kplatt2010 »

Assertives you're too funny!
I have 24. Had a bunch taken out (including wisdom) as a teen and then (2) this go around.
Karla

Lovespain5

#7 Post by Lovespain5 »

assertives wrote: Mon Dec 03, 2018 7:54 am I also have only 24 teeth as well. I had to extract 4 premolars plus 4 wisdom teeth before getting braces.
LOL That´s exactly what I felt after having all my extractions done. Assertives, you initially had bimax protrusion too?

Lovespain5

#8 Post by Lovespain5 »

So I am not alone on the forum to have 8 teeth less than normal. I wonder if I have to extract my impacted wisdom teeth, my ortho told me that the risk is very little for my protrusion to come back as the wisdom teeth probably wont erupt. Good luck all of you with your treatment!

assertives

#9 Post by assertives »

Lovespain5 wrote: Wed Dec 05, 2018 6:48 am
assertives wrote: Mon Dec 03, 2018 7:54 am I also have only 24 teeth as well. I had to extract 4 premolars plus 4 wisdom teeth before getting braces.
LOL That´s exactly what I felt after having all my extractions done. Assertives, you initially had bimax protrusion too?
Actually my ortho had never given me an official diagnosis of my malocculsion. So I'm not really sure if I had bimox protrusion. I know though that I had a deep overbite, I picked that up from my ortho who would mention it occasionally.

Lovespain5

#10 Post by Lovespain5 »

assertives wrote: Wed Dec 05, 2018 9:08 pm
Actually my ortho had never given me an official diagnosis of my malocculsion. So I'm not really sure if I had bimox protrusion. I know though that I had a deep overbite, I picked that up from my ortho who would mention it occasionally.
Dont hesitate to ask him what is precisely your diagnosis. I will follow you your progress with great interest. Have you started with the elastics? If both your jaws protrude you probably suffer from bimax protrusion : is your chin weak because all protrude (as in my before photo) or is your chin weak because it needs projection?

assertives

#11 Post by assertives »

Lovespain5 wrote: Thu Dec 06, 2018 6:46 am

Dont hesitate to ask him what is precisely your diagnosis. I will follow you your progress with great interest. Have you started with the elastics? If both your jaws protrude you probably suffer from bimax protrusion : is your chin weak because all protrude (as in my before photo) or is your chin weak because it needs projection?
Yes, I have had elastics for almost 4 months now. I'm actually nearing the end of my treatment already. My chin is not weak, I actually have a pretty strong jawline. I just have a very protrusive profile but did not have lip incompetence though. My upper jaw is actually more protrusive than my lower one. I had my first premolars extracted on the top and my 2nd premolars extracted on the bottom.

Lovespain5

#12 Post by Lovespain5 »

assertives wrote: Thu Dec 06, 2018 9:43 am
Lovespain5 wrote: Thu Dec 06, 2018 6:46 am

Yes, I have had elastics for almost 4 months now. I'm actually nearing the end of my treatment already. My chin is not weak, I actually have a pretty strong jawline. I just have a very protrusive profile but did not have lip incompetence though. My upper jaw is actually more protrusive than my lower one. I had my first premolars extracted on the top and my 2nd premolars extracted on the bottom.
I had all my 4 first bicuspids out.
You will see, the pain completely worth it. Extractions are very beneficial in cases of protrusive profiles as we had.

heyhey1

#13 Post by heyhey1 »

I have 25 right now, think I had about 6 or 7 taken out (can't remember if I had 3 or 4 wisdom teeth taken out.

Navygrrl

#14 Post by Navygrrl »

I have 26. I had my wisdom teeth taken out during boot camp - the bottom two were impacted, and the top two were so far back that they pretty much ripped my cheeks every time I bit down. Then I had two top premolars extracted before getting braces. :)

Lovespain5

#15 Post by Lovespain5 »

24, 25, 26 teeth...It´s better to have less teeth and to keep them with us longer than having all our 32 teeth and losing them rapidly (as it is the risk in some malocclusions).