Kissing with braces + palate expander

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

Post Reply
Message
Author
HLB2018
Posts: 5
Joined: Wed May 16, 2018 7:40 am

Kissing with braces + palate expander

#1 Post by HLB2018 » Sun Dec 02, 2018 8:25 pm

I've had wire in my mouth for 6 months (I'm 26!) and I have another 6 months to go. I really like someone though and I'm scared to kiss him because I feel like that's going to be a train wreck.

To those of you with braces AND A PALATE EXPANDER.... do I need to wait 6 months to kiss this guy 😬😖

assertives
Posts: 631
Joined: Fri Sep 01, 2017 5:29 am

Re: Kissing with braces + palate expander

#2 Post by assertives » Sun Dec 02, 2018 9:35 pm

HLB2018 wrote:
Sun Dec 02, 2018 8:25 pm
I've had wire in my mouth for 6 months (I'm 26!) and I have another 6 months to go. I really like someone though and I'm scared to kiss him because I feel like that's going to be a train wreck.

To those of you with braces AND A PALATE EXPANDER.... do I need to wait 6 months to kiss this guy 😬😖
I don't have a palate expander but just wanted to say... KISS THAT GUY!

SDFD TSchott
Posts: 1680
Joined: Sun Aug 20, 2006 11:36 pm
Location: Tucson, AZ

Re: Kissing with braces + palate expander

#3 Post by SDFD TSchott » Sun Dec 02, 2018 11:36 pm

From a guys perspective give him a kiss.

Image

Adjustment Sept 14th, 2018
Braces back on August 06, 2018
Braces off April 02, 2008

User avatar
djspeece
Posts: 1891
Joined: Mon Oct 29, 2012 9:36 am
Location: North Canton, Ohio USA

Re: Kissing with braces + palate expander

#4 Post by djspeece » Mon Dec 03, 2018 10:59 am

SDFD TSchott wrote:
Sun Dec 02, 2018 11:36 pm
From a guys perspective give him a kiss.
Absolutely. You could have vial of cynanide in your mouth and it still wouldn't deter most guys.
Dan

Pain is inevitable. Suffering is optional. -- Buddist saying

User avatar
Speck
Posts: 219
Joined: Fri Jun 29, 2018 9:11 pm
Location: Keyboard

Re: Kissing with braces + palate expander

#5 Post by Speck » Mon Dec 03, 2018 11:43 am

Doesn't cyanide come after nuptials? :lol:
-Andy


Image


Image

User avatar
djspeece
Posts: 1891
Joined: Mon Oct 29, 2012 9:36 am
Location: North Canton, Ohio USA

Re: Kissing with braces + palate expander

#6 Post by djspeece » Mon Dec 03, 2018 1:25 pm

Speck wrote:
Mon Dec 03, 2018 11:43 am
Doesn't cyanide come after nuptials? :lol:
I have to refrain or I'm afraid I'll get banned. But that's funny.
Dan

Pain is inevitable. Suffering is optional. -- Buddist saying

kplatt2010
Posts: 260
Joined: Sat Jul 07, 2018 6:26 am

Re: Kissing with braces + palate expander

#7 Post by kplatt2010 » Mon Dec 03, 2018 6:59 pm

HLB,
Does he have braces? Also; the elastics and the headgear are a no-go unless you're really Katy Perry with the Hansen Brothers and Kenny G singing back-up in the background.

Just kidding; go for it!!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

User avatar
djspeece
Posts: 1891
Joined: Mon Oct 29, 2012 9:36 am
Location: North Canton, Ohio USA

Re: Kissing with braces + palate expander

#8 Post by djspeece » Tue Dec 04, 2018 5:23 am

kplatt2010 wrote:
Mon Dec 03, 2018 6:59 pm
HLB,
Does he have braces? Also; the elastics and the headgear are a no-go unless you're really Katy Perry with the Hansen Brothers and Kenny G singing back-up in the background.

Just kidding; go for it!!
I had elastics most of the time I was in braces. My girlfriend at the time always knew what was on my mind when they came off. Not that I am that subtle, of course.
Dan

Pain is inevitable. Suffering is optional. -- Buddist saying

Post Reply