Impressions / Scans

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

OHbraces

Impressions / Scans

#1 Post by OHbraces »

Is it normal to not have any impressions or scans done before full braces? They took xrays and pictures but thats it...

wendydong

Re: Impressions / Scans

#2 Post by wendydong »

did you go for a consultation? they definitely didn't take impressions/scans during my consultation

cbraces678

#3 Post by cbraces678 »

I didn’t have any impressions or scans done prior to getting braced.

assertives

#4 Post by assertives »

I didn't get scans or impressions done at my consultation. But one appointment before I was due to be braced (i.e. I have indicated that I wanted to go ahead with treatment), I got impressions done.

EmilyTravels

#5 Post by EmilyTravels »

None until time for my retainers...not sure how normal that is, but that's how it worked for me at my orthodontist's office.

Speck

#6 Post by Speck »

Initial consult the office kitty rubbed against my leg and meowed, then the retriever sniffed me and wagged its tail. Guess I made a good impression. I'll probably get a bill for lab work and a cat scan.
-Andy

OHbraces

#7 Post by OHbraces »

Thanks for the insight - I thought they had skipped a step and rushed ahead. At second consultation after agreeing to financial terms and all they asked if I was ready... Not realizing they meant right now type of ready. I guess I expected more advance prep but after a brief moment of panic it was all happening. Looking back it probably saved me a lot of stress waiting for another appointment

djspeece

#8 Post by djspeece »

Speck wrote: Thu Nov 29, 2018 8:30 pm Initial consult the office kitty rubbed against my leg and meowed, then the retriever sniffed me and wagged its tail. Guess I made a good impression. I'll probably get a bill for lab work and a cat scan.
Now that's funny! Well done!
Dan

Pain is inevitable. Suffering is optional. -- Buddist saying

kplatt2010

#9 Post by kplatt2010 »

Speck you are a hoot!!
I see you switched from Invisalign to regular braces...Not progressing?
Karla

Gia

#10 Post by Gia »

I had the scan done with photos and X-ray's at my records appointment. The orthodontist reviewed them with me at the case presentation treatment plan meeting.

wendydong

#11 Post by wendydong »

"case presentation treatment plan meeting"...

now that's something I've never heard of until now.. From what you've posted here, i think you've lucked out on your ortho...

Speck

#12 Post by Speck »

kplatt2010 wrote: Fri Nov 30, 2018 5:34 pm Speck you are a hoot!!
I see you switched from Invisalign to regular braces...Not progressing?
Thanks, Karla! Actually, Invisalign had been working fabulously. I just became unhappy managing aligners four (and more often five) times/day.
-Andy

OHbraces

#13 Post by OHbraces »

Did those that had impressions done have appliances beyond regular brackets? Maybe that is the difference...

assertives

#14 Post by assertives »

I had impressions done, but I only have regular metal braces, and did not have any additional appliances.

Gia

#15 Post by Gia »

I also have only traditional metal braces, no other appliance. Wendy dong I think I am lucky with my orthodontist. He was the first I went to, liked him but did two other consults. Didn't like second and hated office of third. Never even got as far as getting other prices, just went with my gut and his reputation. There was a website for area moms that a friend belonged to and she asked about him and there were minimal complaints. His doing a case presentation is standard, and it's about a 30 minute discussion. I had done some research but it was really helpful and a great opportunity for questions and explanation.