can an ortho who has like hundreds of positive google reviews

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

assertives

Re: can an ortho who has like hundreds of positive google reviews

#16 Post by assertives »

wendydong wrote: Tue Oct 16, 2018 12:25 am it's said that brodie bite has no impact on facial profiles, may lead to TMJ as molars don't touch.. I do have TMJ, but my TMJ didn't start until i went on an invisalign express treatment with my ex-dentist trying to correct the crowding in the lower front.

from the picture, it's possible that my left side had a slight brodie bite, as my left lower molar is kinda tipped in..

during my initial consult, my current ortho did suggest that i needed some molar rotation and that's why he suggested braces over invisalign. He said i could do either, but may get a better result with braces.. that's why i went with braces..

The other ortho that i consulted initially didn't mention any brodie bite or molar rotation.. and was perfectly fine with invisalign approach..
Different orthos have different approaches when it comes to giving the official diagnosis. Personally, my ortho never told me that I had a deep overbite or how many mm of an overjet I had. He only gave me his treatment plan in a very simplified abridged layperson version. So, just because an ortho didn't mention specifically that you had a brodie bite doesn't mean that you didn't have it or that your current ortho misdiagnosed you.

Since you have decided to stick with your current ortho, my suggestion is to learn to trust him and his treatment plan and be patient. There is no longer any point in comparing the other treatment approaches of the other opinions unless you are planning to change ortho. Else it's just going to confuse you. A dentist once told me that braces is like parking, sometimes you need to move something out before you can move another car into place. So don't judge too early. Otherwise, it's just going to drive yourself crazy.

I'm afraid there is no short cut or express treatment plans when it comes to orthodontics. It does take alot of time.

almost40

#17 Post by almost40 »

Interesting! I think I may have a brodie bite as well. The molars on one side of my mouth do not touch; the upper one reaches toward my cheek and the lower reaches toward my tongue. My ortho is going to intrude the upper one and then extrude it back out facing the right way.

kplatt2010

#18 Post by kplatt2010 »

Hi Wendy,
I'm definitely not an orthodontist. I have been obsessive about my bite and how to fix it as the ortho has been trying to do the same thing without success for 10 months. It definitely fits the definition of insanity; doing the same thing over and over again and expecting a different result. You get a little cra cra after a while when the braces were due off 10 months ago.

From the googling that I've done with cross bite, you can have an anterior (front teeth location) vs posterior (back teeth location) cross bite.Then it's either teeth tilted toward buccal (cheek) versus lingual (towards tongue).

Bottom line is my bottom( mandibular) molars are tilted lingual and tilting has not changed.

The ortho has done class 2 elastics, box elastics , and the "heaviest" wire available to try and make the bottom teeth roll out.

I just saw ortho and received another 4 week sentence in class 2 elastics. Then I get to do time in the "box" again.

I had high hopes of getting these bad boys off by Thanksgiving, then it was Christmas, and now February.
Karla

wendydong

#19 Post by wendydong »

kplatt2010 wrote: Wed Oct 17, 2018 7:45 pm Hi Wendy,
I'm definitely not an orthodontist. I have been obsessive about my bite and how to fix it as the ortho has been trying to do the same thing without success for 10 months. It definitely fits the definition of insanity; doing the same thing over and over again and expecting a different result. You get a little cra cra after a while when the braces were due off 10 months ago.

From the googling that I've done with cross bite, you can have an anterior (front teeth location) vs posterior (back teeth location) cross bite.Then it's either teeth tilted toward buccal (cheek) versus lingual (towards tongue).

Bottom line is my bottom( mandibular) molars are tilted lingual and tilting has not changed.

The ortho has done class 2 elastics, box elastics , and the "heaviest" wire available to try and make the bottom teeth roll out.

I just saw ortho and received another 4 week sentence in class 2 elastics. Then I get to do time in the "box" again.

I had high hopes of getting these bad boys off by Thanksgiving, then it was Christmas, and now February.
Karla
karla, i definitely can relate to being cray cray about teeth. nowadays, I look at myself in the mirror probably like 20, 30 minutes a day, look at people's braces blogs (and feel like all other people have great teeth after 6 months in braces.. while mine is horrible).

and nowadays, when i talk to people or watch TV, all i focus on is their teeth...

at least, your ortho is working on your problems. Everytime I bring up an issue with my ortho, my ortho is always like "can we solve that next time"???

have you considered doing a round of propel? or crossbite elastics?

kplatt2010

#20 Post by kplatt2010 »

Have I considered propel and crossbite elastics? Definitely the cross bite elastics, I actually brought in a picture of it to show my ortho (see below screenshots). However; no one likes a Dr. Google no it all right??!! LOL :lol: I'm trying to be patient and not go over the ledge with my ortho. Bearing this in mind; I've decided to let him try his magic one more time with the heavy wire and I'm bringing my pictures again..
One of the things that I can control though is appointment timing. I was going after work (3:30pm to 4:30pm) time slots which are busy with kids getting adjustments. I now go at 1030 am; after talking with the secretary, to see him when he's the least busiest so he can focus on me and not running around trying to see a million patients.
download/file.php?mode=view&id=7286

In regards to propel, I had to google that because I had not heard of that.If I'm interpreting it correctly, it's supposed to help with bone growth. I had an MMA approximately 14 months ago and have hardware in my upper and lower. According to my oral surgeon, a broken jaw should have made it easier to shift things out. Of course, he's an *ss. I could barely open my mouth for two months after surgery and once we started ortho treatment about that far post-op.

I really and truly believe the crossbite elastics are the answer. I'm wondering if my ortho just does not do them or does not want to take the time and effort to pop on the buttons on the lingual side of molars.

Patience...
Karla
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.