Molar build ups

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

Braceblues

Molar build ups

#1 Post by Braceblues »

I have molar build ups so I can chew food because none of my teeth touch. This past week I have been getting tmj pain. Does anyone think that they could be causing it? Possibly worn down to make the bite off again? Or would it more likely be that the teeth are all out of alignment while she is trying to straighten them. I am just desperately trying to figure out what is causing the tmj pain. I can get in to see her till another week.
Anyone have any ideas? I got my braces on June 26th.

wendydong

Re: Molar build ups

#2 Post by wendydong »

i think even the ortho probably wouldn't know what exactly is causing your TMJ.. a lot of people here have TMJ worsened during the treatment. I never had TMJ until i through an invisalign express treatment, got better with a night guard, started braces, got better, then got worse... now it's a day to day, some days TMJ is ok, some days TMJ is not

if you think the molar build ups are worn down, maybe get a new molar build up? it could also just be your bite changing. i personally now make sure i sleep on my back, and have my mouth naturally opened before i fall asleep