Bracket came off - day 4

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

EmilyTravels

Re: Bracket came off - day 4

#16 Post by EmilyTravels »

I get this, Andy. I had traditional braces, and I swear my Essix retainers (similar to Invisalign aligners) are more trouble than braces! Every time I want to eat or drink anything other than water, out they come. And then I have to clean them prior to re-inserting them. Of course you know the drill. Like you, I am also a bit of a germaphobe, so having to stick my hands into my mouth so many times a day, no matter how clean they are (and I always wash them before doing this), kinda freaks me out.

Kinda missing my braces now...if I am being honest! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Speck

#17 Post by Speck »

EmilyTravels wrote: Thu Nov 29, 2018 6:30 pm I get this, Andy. I had traditional braces, and I swear my Essix retainers (similar to Invisalign aligners) are more trouble than braces! Every time I want to eat or drink anything other than water, out they come. And then I have to clean them prior to re-inserting them. Of course you know the drill. Like you, I am also a bit of a germaphobe, so having to stick my hands into my mouth so many times a day, no matter how clean they are (and I always wash them before doing this), kinda freaks me out.

Kinda missing my braces now...if I am being honest! :lol: :lol: :lol:
Missing having braces? :lol:

Due diligence and having clean hands while handling aligners is certainly best but altogether too often just not possible. I was sailing a couple weeks ago and pulled the aligners with grody hands while wearing foul, stinking gloves in order to have a sandwich and thought: I'm so done managing aligners! And going on a full month of being sick...

Now, if I could just chew pasta. :lol:
-Andy

EmilyTravels

#18 Post by EmilyTravels »

Speck wrote: Thu Nov 29, 2018 7:49 pm Due diligence and having clean hands while handling aligners is certainly best but altogether too often just not possible. I was sailing a couple weeks ago and pulled the aligners with grody hands while wearing foul, stinking gloves in order to have a sandwich and thought: I'm so done managing aligners! And going on a full month of being sick...
Ewwwww! But as long as you cleaned them well before re-inserting. You did, please tell me you did?! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Speck

#19 Post by Speck »

EmilyTravels wrote: Sun Dec 02, 2018 6:41 pm...as long as you cleaned them well before re-inserting. You did, please tell me you did?! :lol: :lol: :lol:
My answer belongs in the "confess your sins" thread. :lol:
-Andy