Teeth Sensitivity With Braces

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

juliaarnold

Teeth Sensitivity With Braces

#1 Post by juliaarnold »

so I’ve had my braces for a little over half a year now and I just got some of my brackets adjusted today. I have ceramic braces and they were quite painful to have taken off. and since my teeth are very sensitive since I got my braces on, it was even more painful to me when they used the cold water and air to clean off those teeth.

it might be a stupid question, i don’t really know but I was wondering if your teeth becoming less and less sensitive the longer you have braces ? like say I were to get the brackets adjusted in another 6 months, will it hurt less or about the same?

SDFD TSchott

Re: Teeth Sensitivity With Braces

#2 Post by SDFD TSchott »

I would say that everyone is different some adjust well to sensitivity and improves over the months/years and others don't improve at all... I know when I went for an adjustment it was only 2 weeks after my last one that they had to reposition a couple brackets and it hurt like hell. So hopefully this second round in braces I don't have to deal with that.

Adjustment Sept 14th, 2018
Braces back on August 06, 2018
Braces off April 02, 2008

assertives

Re: Teeth Sensitivity With Braces

#3 Post by assertives »

I personally didn't notice sensitivity getting lesser the longer I'm in braces. I have some teeth that were very sensitive in the beginning and then it stopped, and some that never really were sensitive in the beginning but is now suddenly becoming sensitive. I am currently 1 year and 3 months into treatment. I think generally, if the sensitivity of the individual teeth gets better and not worse, it's probably normal and nothing to worry about.