Impacted Canine without surgery?

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

Knr17

Impacted Canine without surgery?

#1 Post by Knr17 »

I am 22 years old and got my braces on 4 months ago. I was told we were going to start off trying to pull my impacted canine down without doing the surgery but there was still a slight chance I would possibly have to get it if it didn't work. He seemed pretty confident that it would work without the surgery though since the tooth was only a tiny bit slanted. I have an expander right now and ive had a spring for about 3 weeks to enlarge the gap and make room for it to grow hopefully on its own. My teeth have moved so much in 4 months but still no tooth poking through yet. Anyone else have any experience having your tooth come down without the surgery? How long did it take for the tooth to make a break through? Anyone try waiting and having toget the surgery anyways and how long did the orthodontist wait it out before making a decision to do the surgery? I get everyone it's different but just trying to get an estimated time. Im terrified of needles and the thought of going into surgery.. thanks in advance for any answers to my questions!