Movement of teeth advice

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

Breakkate

Movement of teeth advice

#1 Post by Breakkate »

Hello,

I was hoping to seek some advice please.

The bracket on one of my top lateral incisors came loose so I went to get it glued it back on and said they’d see me in October for my next (and hopefully final!) check up before they schedule me in for the Great Metal Removal.

That was yesterday. Today I’ve noticed that that tooth has been pushed back further than it was and is now a tiny bit behind the other teeth. It’s probably only obvious to me because I’ve always been aware of my front teeth looking “goofy” and now the lateral incisor looks a bit pushed back I’m worried it makes my central incisor next to it look like it’s sticking out.

What shall I do- be patient and hang on until October to see if it gets worse and then potentially delay my brace removal or go back in for an emergency appointment to see what’s going on with it?

Grateful for any advice or similar stories!

BK

Speck

Re: Movement of teeth advice

#2 Post by Speck »

Perhaps it would be helpful to call your ortho's office for advice?
-Andy

djspeece

#3 Post by djspeece »

I'd go with Andy's advice -- but would recommend that the message be delivered to the ortho for resolution, vs. one of the technicians. Congrats on hitting the home stretch and best of luck to you!
Dan

Pain is inevitable. Suffering is optional. -- Buddist saying

jwbraces

#4 Post by jwbraces »

I would definitely call your ortho. It would suck to delay your removal date due to this.

Breakkate

#5 Post by Breakkate »

Hi both,

Thanks for your advice!

The bracket ended up popping off again so I had to go back anyway. Apparently the tooth had moved back a bit and the rigid wire meant there was too much tension and that’s why the bracket kept coming off!

All sorted now and I now have a newly placed bracket and a more flexible wire :)