First wire change

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

Nimueh21

First wire change

#1 Post by Nimueh21 »

I’m due for my first wire change early next week ( i’m So excited!!) and I was wondering what colour ligatures are suitable for clear/ceramic braces; that don’t stain easily but still look somewhat discreet and make my teeth look white

my ligatures stained last week after I drank a turmeric chai latte...I honestly don’t want to give up my turmeric chai lattes

I currently have a white wire and clear ligatures, so any colour suggestions would be amazing

Thanks!!

nybizzle

Re: First wire change

#2 Post by nybizzle »

Silver is probably your best bet. Black and dark purple should be good too, but they may make your teeth look like they're rotting.

assertives

#3 Post by assertives »

Black I've found is pretty much the only color that can withstand staining from turmeric. Turmeric is notorious for staining. Even my dark blue ligatures turns greenish when I've had curry. You can try the silver ones though, they stain less compared to white and clear ones but they turned green on me when I had curry.

Nimueh21

#4 Post by Nimueh21 »

So darker colours are more aesthetically pleasing and they donmt stain as much??

I’ll definitely consider silver or gray... maybe even purple or a blue variant ☺️

Nimueh21

#5 Post by Nimueh21 »

[quote=Nimueh21 post_id=503652 time=1532615984 user_id=32221]
So darker colours are more aesthetically pleasing and they don’t stain as much??

I’ll definitely consider silver or gray... maybe even purple or a blue variant ☺️
[/quote]

Nimueh21

#6 Post by Nimueh21 »

So darker colours are more aesthetically pleasing and they don’t stain as much??

EmilyTravels

#7 Post by EmilyTravels »

I had silver/gray ligatures and did not have staining. But I think I only had curry once during that time. I did have daily coffee, frequent salsa and V-8, and the occasional red wine, however. The ligs were only in for three weeks, though. I would have loved to rock some turquoise ligs, but my plain-vanilla ortho office only had clear and silver/gray!

Jami1

#8 Post by Jami1 »

The silver seems to work well for me.... I drink coffee and occasional red wine but keep a cup of water with me and swish after each drink of the offending stuff😝

jwbraces

#9 Post by jwbraces »

I am about 4 weeks into wearing hot pink ligatures, and I haven't noticed any staining. I've had curry twice and drink coffee daily.

ReaJT

#10 Post by ReaJT »

I have ceramic brackets and I’ve tried bright pink and metallic purple. Both changed colour over time but still looked the same colour, just a different shade, and I ate anything I wanted! I’m back on the clear for a wedding and holiday but it’ll probably be back to pink after this - life’s too short to eat beige food!