Spacers pain? please read for elaboration...

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

sarahtoors

Spacers pain? please read for elaboration...

#1 Post by sarahtoors »

Hi everyone,

Yesterday, I put on braces along with 4 spacers because I have to leave for somewhere in a short amount of time. Today, I started to have a dull ache on the bottom part of one of the molars in the upper arch that comes into contact with one of the spacers. I know spacers may cause some pain, but is it normal to have pain partially on the bottom side of only ONE of my teeth touching the spacer? The pain is only there if there is physical contact with it; otherwise, there is no pain and just a feeling of something between my teeth. This feeling only also applies to this ONE spacer...