38 year old brace-face here

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

KatewiththeGoodTeeth

38 year old brace-face here

#1 Post by KatewiththeGoodTeeth »

I had braces for the first time in the early 90’s, and didn’t wear my retainer as I should have. My bottom teeth crowded again, leaving discoloring where the toothbrush couldn’t reach. In other words I had a yellow tooth.

Now I have them again 😬🤐😬 and I am happy about treatment so far. A few broken brackets (the adjustments caused force, breaking them) delayed treatment but I have been patient. Hopefully I don’t have too much longer left.

How long have you had your braces on? How much longer do you have left?

KatewiththeGoodTeeth

Re: 38 year old brace-face here

#2 Post by KatewiththeGoodTeeth »

How do i attach a photo?

EmilyTravels

#3 Post by EmilyTravels »

KatewiththeGoodTeeth wrote: Mon Jun 11, 2018 6:04 am How do i attach a photo?
You have to have ten posts first. Then your screen name will turn green, and you'll be able to post photos. You have to host them elsewhere, though, and just post links to them here.

Sizuka

#4 Post by Sizuka »

I am 40 years old . I never had braces on and in general I have quite healthy teeth .
Now that I am going to a great dentist , I battle my periodontitis and already start my metal mouth journey .
1. Palatal expander - Hyrax ( already in from 9 May )
2. SARPE surgury - at 29 May
3. Expand from 2 June - to ( hopefully ) 22June
- Then I ll wait 4-6 weeks for the bone to stabilised , and then Ill have my bottom braces is and at next appointment the upper ones .
- After a total of 6-7 months they check the bone and they will remove the expander .
- When all teeth are alighted , Ill have a double jaw surgery
- And when ill recover from the surgery - then the braces are going to removed .

So all in all 25-28 months in total is expected to spend with metal in my mouth :P
I pass the first 1,5 month so .... 26 to go :P

assertives

#5 Post by assertives »

I've had my braces for a year now, and the projected treatment time for my case was 1.5 years. So if everything is on track (which I kinda doubt) it'll be 6 more months to go. My ortho is still working on closing the gaps and then he'll fix my deepbite.

JP82

#6 Post by JP82 »

One month today for me, just the top set so far, as I needed a root canal on a bottom tooth and then am having the one next to that extracted to allow a space for the work to combat the overcrowding to begin.

Wasn’t sure anything was happening at first, and was close to calling the Ortho but then realised I was getting proper visible gaps between most of the teeth including what I am now calling my “Madonna Gap” between my two front teeth. This ties in with what my Ortho mentioned about the top being a fairly simple task. But I know I’m not gonna be so lucky with the bottom, and am looking at more like a two year period I believe!!!

cakers

#7 Post by cakers »

I’m 38, too! This is my first time with braces (and hopefully my last). I got them on day before yesterday. I am sore! They estimate I will need them for 18-24 moms, but probably closer to 24.

Jami1

#8 Post by Jami1 »

I'm in my 50s.... old lady here:) I just got mine 5 days ago. Estimate is 18 to 24 months. I am not in too much pain but it just feels weird weird weird.... like a mouth full of gravel. Hope that feeling goes away as teeth start to move.