Powerchains

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

Squiddy

Powerchains

#1 Post by Squiddy »

My powerchains fell off yesterday and today my teeth hurt so bad I can’t even touch them with my teeth. I called my ortho and scheduled an appointment, but it’s not for another 3 days 😩 is there anything I can do besides Tylenol? Is it normal to have this much pain from them falling off?

Squiddy

Re: Powerchains

#2 Post by Squiddy »

[quote=Squiddy post_id=502506 time=1527964551 user_id=31013]
My powerchains fell off yesterday and today my teeth hurt so bad I can’t even touch them with my teeth. I called my ortho and scheduled an appointment, but it’s not for another 3 days 😩 is there anything I can do besides Tylenol? Is it normal to have this much pain from them falling off?
[/quote]
*tongue

strinder

Re: Powerchains

#3 Post by strinder »

If you want to try and put it back on you can use dental floss to open the loops enough to put it back over the brackets. (I've only ever had the end of a powerchain unhook and I use three strands of floss, loop them in and pull them so it opens the section of the powerchain enough to hook around a bracket.) My ortho mentioned floss when my spacer came out at the beginning of my treatment and I said I had spent an evening using tweezers to get it back in.