Smile Direct Club

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

StaceyJeannette

Smile Direct Club

#1 Post by StaceyJeannette »

Has anyone had experience with Smile Direct Club for the invisible aligners that are like Invisalign? They send you an at home impression kit or you can visit one of their shops to have scans done. Then the trays are all sent to your home....... I kept seeing ads for them, so I actually ordered the at home impression kit and sent it in, thinking that my teeth weren't [that bad. Then I got a little scared that I would just end up making my teeth worse, so I went to see my sons' orthodontist to see what he'd recommend. He thinks that Invisalign wouldn't even be a good idea because of all the issues I have going on in my mouth - missing teeth, overjet, rotated tooth, supra erupting tooth, etc...... I cancelled my account with Smile Direct after talking to the orthodontist, so I don't know what plan they would have come up with for my teeth.

I read so many good reviews about Smile Direct, but also a few bad reviews , so I was thinking maybe they are worthwhile if you just simply want straighter teeth without changing your bite?

I go May 29 to have metal braces put on top and bottom teeth. I think I'm more scared this time around than when I first had braces at age 16! I feel so old because that was like 30 years ago!! :shock:

Smileop

Re: Smile Direct Club

#2 Post by Smileop »

A friend of mine tried it out and after doing the impressions and never hearing back or getting any update from the company or anything over a few months finally reached somebody. They came up with the plan and sent her the aligners. Apparently she said they did fit really well and continued to wear for about 2-3 months.

After around then she started getting some weird pains in her jaw and molars. Decided to go get a consultation from an ortho and not mention the smile direct and the ortho has told her that she wasn’t even a camdidate for a Invisalign the way some of her teeth had to be rotated.

I have heard way more negative things than positive regarding them and is definitely tough getting your teeth straightened without anybody ever looking at them in person