How long until your teeth looked relatively straight?

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

cutiepie2404

How long until your teeth looked relatively straight?

#1 Post by cutiepie2404 »

• Why did you initially get braces/what was your issue?
• How long until your teeth began looking straight?
• Did you get any surgery/appliances?

Thanks!

Mpkh

Re: How long until your teeth looked relatively straight?

#2 Post by Mpkh »

cutiepie2404 wrote: Sat May 26, 2018 8:24 pm • Why did you initially get braces/what was your issue?
• How long until your teeth began looking straight?
• Did you get any surgery/appliances?

Thanks!
1) My reason is to straighten my teeth. My orthodontist says I have crossbite and an edge to edge bite.
2) Like 3-4 months
3) No
Braced: April 07, 2017
Debraced: February 08, 2019
Sentence: 18-24 months
Actual time in braces: 22 months and 1 day
Reason: Straighten teeth, correct crossbite and edge-to-edge bite

http://myjourneyandlifewithbraces.blogspot.ca

assertives

#3 Post by assertives »

1. I wanted to get rid of my bugs bunny teeth. I have an overbite and a deep bite.
2. It took about 2 to 3 months for my teeth to start looking considerably straighter.
3. Nope.

eniamrehc

#4 Post by eniamrehc »

1. I'd always wanted to straighten my overcrowded teeth my whole life but there was always something else that the money could be used for. Opportunity came when a cracked tooth that required a root canal may end up getting extracted; got that tooth extracted and got braced!
2. About 2-3 months for my lower teeth and 4-5 months for my upper teeth (space had to be created first before some teeth could be braced)
3. No

cutiepie2404

#5 Post by cutiepie2404 »

Looks like teeth straightening out in a matter of months is pretty common. I’m in Month 3 and my overjet still is pretty substantial, but my extraction gaps are closing quick.

EmilyTravels

#6 Post by EmilyTravels »

I have read that the older you are, the slower your teeth are to move, and I believe it. I'm 57 (56 when started braces), and although my teeth have straightened quite a bit in 9 months, they still need more straightening time and may never be perfect. Most younger folks are completely straight by this point, so it's a bit frustrating to see how slow it is for me, but they are acceptable. Really pretty straight except for two incisors on top that are still a bit rotated. Minor, but I can see it. My reason for getting braces was my bite, and that is way better than when I started with elastics 5.5 months ago.

Before braces, I had jaw wiring surgery -- this was due to a bicycle accident with jaw fractures, not skeletal abnormalities. No other surgeries/appliances.

Domwitsprings

#7 Post by Domwitsprings »

My two front teeth straightened in 1 month

cutiepie2404

#8 Post by cutiepie2404 »

Bump? Anybody else want to contribute??

2Low4U

#9 Post by 2Low4U »

I got my Braces on in November of 2017, lower teeth were Crowded and it took approximately 3 months to Straighten them out, now working on the height differences on the lower.
The upper took a bit longer as there was rotation,Overjet and over bite issues, the uppers are mostly in line now working on the 6 front uppers now with Power ties bringing in the teeth more in line, I have bone loss from periodontitis. So He has to go extra easy on the movement of my teeth, I am still on the first wire on the uppers (0.12) lower are on the Second Wires (0.14).
They have come along way Since November and Still have a way to go yet but very happy with the progress.
Damon Braces Installed 11/15/2017.
Issues with Teeth, Too many to List!

MoJo2685

#10 Post by MoJo2685 »

1. I initially got braces because I had pretty severe overcrowding but too and bottom. I had an overbite and a slight crossbite.
2. So my bottom teeth seemed to straighten out for the most part after about 4 months. My top took longer because of answer #3.
3. I had to have surgery to put in an expander for my upper jaw in 2016. And then this year I had a secondary surgery to bring my bottom jaw forward.

Bracingmyself901

#11 Post by Bracingmyself901 »

12 months for my top and 4 months for my bottom. All depends on the severity of crowding!

taimeinhappy

#12 Post by taimeinhappy »

I guess I wanted to double post.
Last edited by taimeinhappy on Thu Jun 07, 2018 6:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

taimeinhappy

#13 Post by taimeinhappy »

1. My overbite was going to start creating problems.
2. My teeth were much straighter within 3 months.
3. No.