Elastics working one side and not the other?

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

alwaysabc

Elastics working one side and not the other?

#1 Post by alwaysabc »

I have box elastics to close my bite on my back teeth, I've had them about 6 weeks now. And the gap on the left has closed beautifully but not on the right, is this normal and will it catch up? I suppose it's possible the right-gap was larger to start with?

I'm also concerned because from the outside it looks like a perfect occlusion, but I can feel the difference inside my teeth on both sides. Seeing my ortho soon so will discuss with them.

Any advice welcomed in the meantime, thanks.

assertives

Re: Elastics working one side and not the other?

#2 Post by assertives »

I think it's normal for one side to be slower than the other. I have not gotten elastics yet, and my ortho is still working on closing extraction gaps. The gaps on my left is closing much faster than my right, but my ortho is not too concerned about it though.