dental cleaning around lower bonded retainer

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

gutterbrains

dental cleaning around lower bonded retainer

#1 Post by gutterbrains »

hey guys, this is my first post.
i have both upper and lower bonded retainers and im going to be setting up a dental cleaning. i noticed that i have a small bit of plaque build up right under my lower retainer. i tried to clean it with floss but it’s impossible to reach so im gonna have a dentist do it. my concern is if the dentist accidentally ruins my lower retainer. if they somehow get it loose. how possible is that? what should i do if that happens? this may be a silly question but i’m really concerned about it.

fqattan

Re: dental cleaning around lower bonded retainer

#2 Post by fqattan »

Hello! Don't worry they should be extra careful aroumd your retainer. Calculus tends to deposit anyway let alone when you have a retainer no matter how meticulous you are with your teeth. It only goes away with scaling. It is a good idea to have them checked by your dentist too as sometimes a single tooth debonds and you wouldn't have noticed

gutterbrains

Re: dental cleaning around lower bonded retainer

#3 Post by gutterbrains »

thank you :)