Braces for the third time

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

Jethro

Re: Braces for the third time

#16 Post by Jethro »

Brief update: Now in month 20 and still in braces. A few months back had some ipr and 2 stainless buttons put on the lingual side of the upper right molars and connected via a loop of powerchain to help correct the rotated 2nd. They took some getting used to but seem to be working, albeit very slowly. I’m still wearing 2 elastics in the front for midline correction…almost there, I hope. Still need a few tweaks here and there.

I had a cleaning at my regular dentist a few weeks ago and all is good. He was chuckling at the fact that the hygienists now refer to me as “the guy with the braces”. I must have unintentionally grimaced, but really can’t blame them since they were there during round 2 about 10 years ago. This now brings my 3-round, lifetime total braces wearing to 5+ years…not exactly a goal I was striving for!

Happy Holidays.

All the Best,

Jethro

Braces6.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

BracedRico

Re: Braces for the third time

#17 Post by BracedRico »

Hopefully not you are out of braces. Third times the charm. Good luck with your treatment.