Is intense pain in two front teeth after turning palatal expander normal?

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

amicabl

Is intense pain in two front teeth after turning palatal expander normal?

#1 Post by amicabl »

I just got a palatal expander to get rid of overcrowding on my top teeth at the beginning of the month and a Herbst appliance that's going realign my jaw to prevent overbite.

After recently getting in the "arms" about a week ago to start the process of pushing out my lower jaw, I have gotten sharp pains in my two front teeth (that are misaligned) for about an hour or more after doing the turns. My other teeth are consistently sore but the pain is not any better/worse after doing the turns.

My ortho has me doing 2 turns a day and I do them both at the same time.

Is this pain normal to have in my teeth? Or should I contact my ortho?

Thanks!