Braces Due Off But Teeth Aren’t Straight?

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

Hilwa

Re: Braces Due Off But Teeth Aren’t Straight?

#1 Post by Hilwa »

How long have you had braces? Have your teeth changed at all?

Have you voiced your concerns to your orthodontist?? I was suppose to get my braces off in December but like you my teeth were still not straight - I had gaps and some crooked teeth etc. so I told my ortho my teeth weren't ready to get them off and I had my mom have a talk with him lol. He finally saw that my teeth weren't straight. *eyeroll* Now, I'm getting them off in a week, so almost 5 months later, and I'm extremely happy with the results now.

Hilwa

Re: Braces Due Off But Teeth Aren’t Straight?

#2 Post by Hilwa »

[quote=Dabin post_id=501677 time=1524303140 user_id=31755]
I had my braces a little over a year. My teeth did straighten out in the first couple of months without powerchains. Then, with the power chains, there hasn’t been any noticeable results.
Do you think that they will allow me to not get my braces off next week?
[/quote]

I see, you should definitely talk to your ortho about it! I found that at first my ortho wasn't receptive to what I was saying and thought I was nitpicking until I pointed out concrete examples to him (e.g, overbite, gaps).

I would hope they would allow you to keep the braces if you're very unhappy with the results