Gold Braces

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

kellogg

Gold Braces

#1 Post by kellogg »

I'm 35 and am seriously considering getting braces. My teeth kind of go inward, and they hit the bottom teeth causing wear (and chipping). I think it's probably something I can live with, but it sounds like braces can help it a lot and also have some other cosmetic benefits. My teeth aren't that bad, so it's kind of weird to agree to 20 months of braces...but I think I'm going to do it.

Anyway, I was going with clear/ceramic on the top with the self ligating wires so I won't deal with staining. But I have to get metal on the bottom. The ortho offers GOLD! It looks so cool! Right? Are they cool? I'm almost considering getting them on the top but I have really small teeth so I'm afraid of just looking like metal so probably not.....but I don't know. Anyone have any gold braces? Or really small teeth with metal braces?

almost40

Re: Gold Braces

#2 Post by almost40 »

I think gold braces would look pretty cool, but only on bottom to get a glimpse. I wouldn’t do upper and lower but that’s just me.

kellogg

#3 Post by kellogg »

Thanks for your input! I'm probably going with clear on top but was worried they are going to be too bulky on my little teeth.

grana

#4 Post by grana »

I did clear on top and feel they are too bulky. I have gold on bottom. I’ve only had them a month but I wish they had told me they are larger and more chunky looking before they put them on.