Closing an annoying gap!

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

Bracingmyself33

Closing an annoying gap!

#1 Post by Bracingmyself33 »

Hellow fellow bracers!

I'm at the last phase of closing gaps.

There is an annoying gap between my left bottom first and second molar. I'm on powerchains and elastics at the moment and made a conscious effort to chew on the left but progress is excruciating close. :-+

Any suggestions to quicken the closure (pun intended)?!

Munziez

Re: Closing an annoying gap!

#2 Post by Munziez »

I don't know if it's a placebo affect, but when I truly floss (meaning not with a Waterpik or flossers; waxed floss into the gum between each tooth) my teeth reacts better.

djspeece

#3 Post by djspeece »

I had a similar issue. There wasn't much I could do, but my ortho added a "closing coil" across the gap which helped a bit, I suppose. You're almost there -- this is when time seems to stand still. Best of luck to you!
Dan

Pain is inevitable. Suffering is optional. -- Buddist saying

Bracingmyself33

#4 Post by Bracingmyself33 »

Munziez wrote: Fri Apr 13, 2018 12:15 pm I don't know if it's a placebo affect, but when I truly floss (meaning not with a Waterpik or flossers; waxed floss into the gum between each tooth) my teeth reacts better.
I shall be diligent in flossing then. To think I used to floss almost everyday in the past... :GapToothed:

Bracingmyself33

#5 Post by Bracingmyself33 »

djspeece wrote: Mon Apr 16, 2018 4:56 am I had a similar issue. There wasn't much I could do, but my ortho added a "closing coil" across the gap which helped a bit, I suppose. You're almost there -- this is when time seems to stand still. Best of luck to you!
Closing coil!? Must be painful!

djspeece

#6 Post by djspeece »

Bracingmyself33 wrote: Mon Apr 16, 2018 8:11 pm
djspeece wrote: Mon Apr 16, 2018 4:56 am I had a similar issue. There wasn't much I could do, but my ortho added a "closing coil" across the gap which helped a bit, I suppose. You're almost there -- this is when time seems to stand still. Best of luck to you!
Closing coil!? Must be painful!
Not at all, actually. It's just a tiny spring hanging off two adjacent brackets. Nothing like a powerchain in terms of discomfort.
Dan

Pain is inevitable. Suffering is optional. -- Buddist saying