Finally starting the implant process

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

Tyrantblade

Finally starting the implant process

#1 Post by Tyrantblade »

Tomorrow morning I'm getting a bone graft done, I'm a bit nervous about the whole thing, but my work week is done so I will get the procedure done and then be able to relax and try to enjoy myself the rest of the week.

I don't know what to expect, but the biggest thing in my mind right now is the expense, and once I'm past the bone graft expense the rest of the procedures to finish the process will be a lot less expensive so with a little time and saving I should be able to tackle the other expenses a lot easier.

I cant wait to actually be fully done with everything, but it will be late in the year before the time that I can get the next step done.

It's been a very long time coming and since the braces part took over 2 years the rest will probably seem to go by quick in comparison.
Lots of crimes here

1. The upper molars bite too far ahead of the lower molars

2. Missing teeth #s 9, 14, and, 29

3. Open bite

4. Upper midline left of center

5. Lower midline right of center

6. Upper and lower teeth not straight

Sentence - 24 months, turned to 27 month.

Braces removed since 11/06/17

BrunetteMoment

Re: Finally starting the implant process

#2 Post by BrunetteMoment »

How did it go?
Damon Metal. 18 months.
Fixing: Overbite, overjet, crowding.

Tyrantblade

Re: Finally starting the implant process

#3 Post by Tyrantblade »

It went pretty good

I had to be awake, but they numbed me up pretty well so I didn't feel any pain in my gums for most of the procedure; but near the end when they were doing the final stitches I started being able to feel the pain; i tried to just let them finish, but the dentist could tell I was starting to feel pain, gave me extra numbing shots and then I was back to completely numb.

The bad thing is since they were working on the bone and they cant numb bone there was definitely pain and it was bad for part of the procedure.

It is not for the faint of heart, but it is a necessary step if there has been no tooth in a spot for a long time, leading to bone loss, leaving not enough for an implant to succeed.

But i remained calm and allowed them to finish and the following steps should not be anywhere near as bad.

I was also numb for almost 10 hours after they finished up (partially due to an extra numbing shot at the very end so it wouldn't wear off too soon leaving me in pain too early)

Now that the numb feeling is almost completely gone I'm in basically no pain and should be healed on the surface very soon (within a couple days)

In a couple weeks I go back to get the stitches out and then I get to wait like 4 or 5 months and let the bone grow in so they can do the rest of the procedures.

I will post pictures when I am completely done with everything and have the top part of the implant done, but that's a long ways away.
Lots of crimes here

1. The upper molars bite too far ahead of the lower molars

2. Missing teeth #s 9, 14, and, 29

3. Open bite

4. Upper midline left of center

5. Lower midline right of center

6. Upper and lower teeth not straight

Sentence - 24 months, turned to 27 month.

Braces removed since 11/06/17