Teeth looking "tucked in" after retraction

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

almost40

Teeth looking "tucked in" after retraction

#1 Post by almost40 »

I am a class II and had a consult today and he told me that if I extracted from my upper arch and brought them back, my bite would be good but my teeth would look like they are "tucked in." FWIW I have a 5 mm, 80% overjet. Does the "tucked in" look happen with everyone? Does it have to do with the ortho's skills or is it plain human anatomy?

PS: I don't want to start a debate about extraction vs non-extraction, I simply want to know if during this procedure if the teeth will result in a look of pointing slightly backward :)

almost40

Re: Teeth looking "tucked in" after retraction

#2 Post by almost40 »

Although I have an overbite my teeth are lined perfectly "north/south" and would for them to end up in that direction...