Molar hitting uncomfortably on one side (left side)

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

mush412

Molar hitting uncomfortably on one side (left side)

#1 Post by mush412 »

Hello, I've just recently just joined. Hoping to know if my problem is normal under my circumstance.

So the title states what's basically going on. I have been in brace for a bit over 3 months, but the problem with my molar hitting on one side randomly began about a year ago. Last year, I had all 4 of my wisdom teeth pulled and a filling on the affected side a month or two later(I did had the dentist make sure that the filling wasn't too high or causing the uneven bite). I count my wisdom teeth erupting or the process of extraction as factors that could have changed the alignment of my bite or jaw. Even though it may be irrelevant I also broke my left wrist last year and havn't done enough physical theraphy for my muscle on my left arm side to regain its movement.

Because of the constant bumping one side of my first molar, the gum or muscle around there is best described as constantly uncomfortably stiff or bruised. I think I am having a sprained tooth syndrome all day long on that particular bottom left first molar. The discomfort or stiffness radiates down the left side of my neck and shoulder often. ONE thing that im unsure about is if the problem is caused by the teeth banging or just the teeth having problem itself because the molar that's being hit on the bottom left side has a deep filling(not an ideal tooth to be constantly bumping against). I have taken xrays from a few dentist visits and they all claim to show no sign or problem with the tooth internally. Also the problem continues to persist EVEN if try hard not have them accidentally bump when im eating or just random flinches. DOES this mean that the teeth doesn't have to hit for the tooth to feel discomfort and is the misalignment itself enough to cause the discomfort?

My jaw also seem to be uneven ever since i notice my problems as they click or crack or whatever you can call it often and I can't move my jaw left or right freely or evenly with mouth open( It seem like the jaw get stuck more on one side).
It seem like a CROSSBITE issue because the teeth is hitting on the CUSP somewhere.

I have not asked if my orthodontist realized or recognized this molar thing hitting on one side as a problem that's going to be fix, but I did discuss the problem with him when I went for the consultation the first day and he said the constant bumping is causing my tooth to be constantly sprained. I'm a bit more than 3 month on my braces and the problem pretty much STAYED the same as the same spot still hits. Im WONDERING if my problem will take more time to get to the stage where I can bite down evenly on both sides and have the discomforts go away. Will I have to wait a lot longer or until I get my elastics?