A very late coming update.

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

Meinir7

A very late coming update.

#1 Post by Meinir7 »

So since the last time i posted, i have had 3 visits. The last one being today.

My first visit, my top arch was not touched, i was very disappointed about this. I even had to tell her to cut a bit of the wire, she really did not even examine. I assumed they would be tightened and at least the clear ligatures changed.... i had ate saag paneer. She told me my bottom arch would not be fitted... but my bite blocks would.... i already had them done when my top arch was fitted. When she looked in my mouth she realised when i could not make teeth touch. Anyway, without telling me what she was going to do she fitted my bottom arch. It felt different the pressure felt like something wanted to pop... and within half an hour 2 brackets popped off. Considering in my agreement i have to pay £100 a bracket when they come off i was not pleased. I had not drank or ate. I was on my way home and if i had turned around the place would of been closed anyway. I did pull over to call. Then the snow came so i could not get another appointment for a week.

When i had them put back on, she actually tightened my top arch, changed ligatures which i was grateful for, not so grateful for the mini saw in my mouth though... interdental spacing, something i wish she had told me would be done, i knew it could be part of treatment but she could of mentioned what she was doing at appointment. I certainly was not prepared for that, she certainly was not gentle and it made me that nauseous i vomited. It does not hurt, but simply goes through you.

I went for appointment today, changed wire on the top, and she said the top is going faster than expected and she wishes to halt it so the bottom catch up. I do not understand this. I suppose i am complaining but i can remember as a child my treatment was not so rough, when she does things it feels like she is a mechanic with a wrench, she applied such force that she knocked off a bracket herself today and the metal tool she used has scraped and cut all the inside of my lip. It jolted when she knocked off the bracket. I understand mistakes happen. But all of my appointments with her, i feel i would have less pain in a boxing ring with a punch to the mouth.