Premolars extracted - class II d.1 - Opinions please (photos)

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

AnneRPZ

Premolars extracted - class II d.1 - Opinions please (photos)

#1 Post by AnneRPZ »

Dear All,

I´ve had my first premolars extracted to move anterior teeth back and correct overbite, and I´m not happy at all with the results.

I visited many dentists to hear different ways to resolve my malocclusion, and all of them proposed me different treatments:

- Resolve the tooth size arch size discrepancy by ortognatic surgery.
- Not to extract any teeth, and try to move the lower teeth forward and upper jaw back with invisalign and intermaxillary elastics.
- Extract 2 first molars in the upper jaw, and 1 incisive in the lower jaw.
- IPR in the upper teeth.
- Extract 2 first molars in the upper jaw.

I chose the last one option, because I thought there were no possibilities to retract all my teeth just as much as necessary to reduce my overjet by IPR, and I rode that trying to take the lower teeth forward was not possible in a 22 old years patient.

When I had my braces removed last year, I couldn´t believe the results:

- I see my mouth so narrow and tiny, compared with my smile before braces.
- I see my canine "up", not aligned with the gums of the neighboring teeth, it has a negative torque, and it seems smaller than it was before braces.
- I wore elastics for many many many months to lower the canine, and I see my lower teeth have "raised", and caused gum retraction
- I had a gap between canine and second premolar, the extraction space was not properly closed and when I ate I had allways some traces of food in that space.
- the second premolar of the left side was rotated.
- I see "black" spaces in all my front teeth, due to the triangle shape of my teeth.

I talked with my orto and put me braces again, but I see nothing have changed... I´m supposed to get my braces off in 2 months. Maybe, the best option for me would have been IPR, to "change" the triangle shape, create space to move back my teeth and avoid black triangles between them. And we could also have tried to finish the treatment with a wider dental arch, now I see my bucal corridors have been increased due to extractions.

Please I would be grateful if you send me your oppinions, I want to know if I´m overreacting or I´m right...

I´ve made a PDF with some photos, I send it by wetransfer: https://we.tl/Wr6SZR9es6

Thanks!! Sorry if i´ve made some mistakes, I write from Spain...