Orthodontist Abandonment

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

abro884

Orthodontist Abandonment

#1 Post by abro884 »

I have a quick query.

So im December, after 8months of treatment (extraction and retraction class 2) , I raised my concerns with the ortho and said I wanted to revisit surgery. This is because of adverse facial changes. Its important to note he talked me out of surgery initially.

He originally sais yes lets open spaces. But then he went on leave for 2 months, during which he wrote to me saying he wouldn't do anything until I saw the surgeon. So during his period of leave, i visited a few other practitioners to ask of opening spaces was feasible. Both said it was. So I assumed my ortho would be fine.

I met with him when he got back and he said he didn't want to reverse his work. But to go see the surgeon and then decide.he told me he had set up a surgical plan if I chose to do it.

I let him know the day after the visit to the surgeon that we'd covered all the risks and I still wanted to do it.
I receieved an email 2 days later saying he wished me well with the treatment but would not continue my care. His reception emailed me the next morning to say there were no fuether appointmsnts required.

Did the orthodontist abandon me? He led me on for 2 months telling me he'd donit once I saw the surgeon. Then once I said I did want it, he dropped me within 24 hours. I've had to beg another practitioner to take me on.

Is what he did actually legal? I kind of feel like it isn't...