Nance upper holding arch stabbing me in the roof of my mouth

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

CantWhistleAnymore

Nance upper holding arch stabbing me in the roof of my mouth

#1 Post by CantWhistleAnymore »

So I've had a upper holding arch since I got my braces (5 months) and it just started recently felt like a wire or something in it is constantly stabbing me right above it, I can kinda pull it down and I feel no pain then but once I let go I can feel it going back in and it hurts a lot. It's also gotten much tighter, I used to be able to force water through it using my tongue and pressure but now the edges seem to be so tight against the roof of my mouth I can't do that without pulling it down and even then it's hard to get it to go out the front when holding the back open. I have used a water pick on it and forced water through it so I know it's not a piece of food stuck up there but it does hurt a lot and I'm just wondering, could it be some sort of wire? It just came up. It's been completely fine every time before.