My powerchain is digging into my gums

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

DelphiDalpha

My powerchain is digging into my gums

#1 Post by DelphiDalpha »

I just got the powerchain on February 15th, but it's been digging into my gums, making them bleed and causing a lot of pain. Is this normal? My next appointment is scheduled to be in about 5 weeks. I'm just in a lot of pain atm, and painkillers don't do much for me.

assertives

Re: My powerchain is digging into my gums

#2 Post by assertives »

It does not sound normal. I don't think powerchains are supposed to even touch the gums and especially not if they are causing bleeding. Do give your ortho a call and see if they can adjust it or something.