Anyone else bracefree this summer?

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

Heartofdarkness

Anyone else bracefree this summer?

#1 Post by Heartofdarkness »

"This summer" is all my ortho says when I ask her when we'll be finished. At first it was "this spring", now it's summer. :x
Anyone else getting their braces off this summer? Have you gotten a more specific date? How does it feel? Are you sick and tired and counting down the minutes like I am? Are you watching brace removal youtube videos and tearing up because of how happy they are? Will you celebrate? What is the first thing you'll eat? :P

sloth1204

Re: Anyone else bracefree this summer?

#2 Post by sloth1204 »

Back in late November my ortho said I had about 5-6 months left. I feel like that’s not going to happen!

Heartofdarkness

#3 Post by Heartofdarkness »

sloth1204 wrote: Mon Feb 19, 2018 11:21 am Back in late November my ortho said I had about 5-6 months left. I feel like that’s not going to happen!
That's so soon! Lucky you. You haven't asked lately?

Kkkkinkee

#4 Post by Kkkkinkee »

Should be getting mine off end of April! So excited, been a long journey. Been loving the braces removal videos recently 😀 Im pretty excited just to bite through anything, and feel my teeth against it and not the brackets, like an apple(I know I shouldnt have😂)

Heartofdarkness

#5 Post by Heartofdarkness »

Kkkkinkee wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2018 4:50 pm Should be getting mine off end of April! So excited, been a long journey. Been loving the braces removal videos recently 😀 Im pretty excited just to bite through anything, and feel my teeth against it and not the brackets, like an apple(I know I shouldnt have😂)
I'm so jealous!! Please come back and tell us when it's done. Omg, can't imagine the feeling of biting into things and not have to worry... (no apples here though).

Kkkkinkee

#6 Post by Kkkkinkee »

[quote=Heartofdarkness post_id=500544 time=1519369179 user_id=29664]
I'm so jealous!! Please come back and tell us when it's done. Omg, can't imagine the feeling of biting into things and not have to worry... (no apples here though).
[/quote]
Will do! Very excited, recently just been getting kind of sick of it, but it's uplifting to look back at old pictures and know its worth it in the end

liner

#7 Post by liner »

i hope before then but I don't know!
I am going for refinement with invisalign on March 22 so I am hoping that it's only a few more aligners i need.
Yikes.
My teeth are really fairly straight now so I am going to assume it will be short.

Heartofdarkness

#8 Post by Heartofdarkness »

liner wrote: Fri Feb 23, 2018 1:30 pm i hope before then but I don't know!
I am going for refinement with invisalign on March 22 so I am hoping that it's only a few more aligners i need.
Yikes.
My teeth are really fairly straight now so I am going to assume it will be short.
What a dream to be brace free for summer! Keeping my fingers crossed for you. Come back and let us know after your appointment!

Heartofdarkness

#9 Post by Heartofdarkness »

Kkkkinkee wrote: Fri Feb 23, 2018 10:31 am Will do! Very excited, recently just been getting kind of sick of it, but it's uplifting to look back at old pictures and know its worth it in the end
Yes, same here. How long have you had them? My ortho recently showed me the pictures they took before putting the braces in. Although I have lots of pictures at home during the process it was fun/horrifying to see. :shock:

sloth1204

#10 Post by sloth1204 »

[quote=Heartofdarkness post_id=500482 time=1519104984 user_id=29664]
[quote=sloth1204 post_id=500459 time=1519064489 user_id=31104]
Back in late November my ortho said I had about 5-6 months left. I feel like that’s not going to happen!
[/quote]

That's so soon! Lucky you. You haven't asked lately?
[/quote]

I went today and I only have two appointments left!!

Heartofdarkness

#11 Post by Heartofdarkness »

sloth1204 wrote: Thu Mar 08, 2018 4:12 pmI went today and I only have two appointments left!!
Oh lucky you!! So are your teeth just stabilizing now or is there anything minor left to do?

sloth1204

#12 Post by sloth1204 »

[quote=Heartofdarkness post_id=500812 time=1520587179 user_id=29664]
[quote=sloth1204 post_id=500805 time=1520550725 user_id=31104]I went today and I only have two appointments left!!
[/quote]

Oh lucky you!! So are your teeth just stabilizing now or is there anything minor left to do?
[/quote]

I think they’re just stabilizing. My next appointment is May 1 so I’m hoping they’ll be off by mid-June!

Kkkkinkee

#13 Post by Kkkkinkee »

[quote=Heartofdarkness post_id=500722 time=1520187886 user_id=29664]
[quote=Kkkkinkee post_id=500552 time=1519407098 user_id=31451]
Will do! Very excited, recently just been getting kind of sick of it, but it's uplifting to look back at old pictures and know its worth it in the end
[/quote]

Yes, same here. How long have you had them? My ortho recently showed me the pictures they took before putting the braces in. Although I have lots of pictures at home during the process it was fun/horrifying to see. :shock:
[/quote]

Almost three and a half years. I never saw the beginning pictures they took, but in the head shot one I'm pretty sure I had my mouth closed, so I'm interested to see how they turned out :D I actually deleted almost 2 years worth of progress photos a while ago, so I don't have as much to compare to as I would have liked

BrunetteMoment

#14 Post by BrunetteMoment »

I go for x-rays in two weeks, if my roots look good my ortho said my braces will be off next month! I thought they’d be on until at least August.
Damon Metal. 18 months.
Fixing: Overbite, overjet, crowding.

Heartofdarkness

#15 Post by Heartofdarkness »

BrunetteMoment wrote: Fri Mar 16, 2018 8:39 pm I go for x-rays in two weeks, if my roots look good my ortho said my braces will be off next month! I thought they’d be on until at least August.
That's great news! A brace free summer then. :)