Dry mouth

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

dorazabi10

Dry mouth

#1 Post by dorazabi10 »

hi..i have been one month with incognito lite on my upper jaw and i have filling since Extreme dryness on my mouth and throat and its very frustrating ..have anyone experience this? cause my Orthodontist says he dosnt know this thing

captainparker

Re: Dry mouth

#2 Post by captainparker »

Yes!!! I have got this problem! It feels like me whole mouth is really dry - like it is full of cotton wool. I think it is because the braces irritate the inside of your mouth and it just causes dryness. I didn't have this problem until last week (I'm 5 months in) - but I have ceramics on my front upper 6 teeth and they are quite bulky and now seem to now be rubbing a bit against the inside of my top lip...so I think that is what is causing my problem. Hopefully it will get better as time goes on. But I have bought some " brace comfort strips" to put over the brackets (google them) - that might help. Wishing you all the best with your treatment - hope your dry mouth issue gets better.