Removing Bonded retainer for re-treatment

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

Beks

Removing Bonded retainer for re-treatment

#1 Post by Beks »

New(er) here! I was on this board a few years ago, and now I'm back! Does anyone have experience with getting a bonded retainer removed for re-treatment? I'm thinking of it as the same as having the braces clipped off the first time (or for lingual braces), but now I've gotten myself all worried about it. I don't feel like my teeth are as sturdy, even though that sounds ridiculous. If you've had it removed, were there any issues with the teeth feeling loose? I moved a couple of hours away from my original orthodontist, and later had a crown placed after my braces came off. My retainer then didn't fit, and here I am again. Which I thought would never happen, and that I would wear my retainers faithfully for the rest of my life. My back teeth have shifted, with one canine rotating inward, and one of my front teeth came unglued from the bonded retainer. It's now moving in a funky way that's creating a gap in my front bottom teeth. Noooooo.