Power Chain unhooked

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

PixelTeeth

Power Chain unhooked

#1 Post by PixelTeeth »

Hello,

I have a powerchain on my braces and if you can imagine it where on one of the brackets the power chain hooks over the top and bottom on the bracket the bottom part of the power chain unhooked from one of the brackets, anyway I used my finger nails and rehooked it under the bracket do you think this is ok?

PixelTeeth

Re: Power Chain unhooked

#2 Post by PixelTeeth »

spoke to my orthodontist on the phone said that if its only unattached on one bracket then its fine

jfriend33

#3 Post by jfriend33 »

PixelTeeth wrote:spoke to my orthodontist on the phone said that if its only unattached on one bracket then its fine
I would use a hemostat and reattach it. Or delicately with finger nails. It can cause a tooth to tilt. Heck my power chain was always breaking from elastics so I was allowed to change my own every 2 weeks!

PixelTeeth

#4 Post by PixelTeeth »

[quote="jfriend33"][quote="PixelTeeth"]spoke to my orthodontist on the phone said that if its only unattached on one bracket then its fine[/quote]

I would use a hemostat and reattach it. Or delicately with finger nails. It can cause a tooth to tilt. Heck my power chain was always breaking from elastics so I was allowed to change my own every 2 weeks![/quote]

hey thanks for your reply, I have a dental scaler so used that and put the powerchain back in its place, thanks ever so much for the idea.

Ziggy

#5 Post by Ziggy »

l would do my best to fix it and then call your ortho. I had a power chain break and didn't notice it. Instead of pulling my teeth together it pulled half of them one way and half the other which opened a gap. Not saying this will happen to you, but if it's easy to get to your ortho I would let them check it out.