Braces and fatigue syndromes

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

ashuk

Braces and fatigue syndromes

#1 Post by ashuk »

Has any body who has had a fatigue syndrome , post viral syndrome , chronic fatigue syndrome had any problems after having braces with reoccurring symptoms of fatigue , could braces affect this or is it most likely a virus ? .

rubyteeth

Re: Braces and fatigue syndromes

#2 Post by rubyteeth »

I do not have any of those syndromes and 'I've only just started with the spacers in the last week or so but i really noticed about 2-4 days in i was really tired.just really drained, and kept wanting to sleep all the time. and i wondered if it was my body reacting to the 'shock' of my teeth moving. Now the spacers have stopped hurting and i feel back to normal again..
I get my plate next week and i wonder if It will be the same....

I don't know if that helps!
Rubyteeth

middleagedladywithbraces.com

ashuk

#3 Post by ashuk »

yea i think it could be your body's reaction to your teeth moving , i had upper and lower braces put in straight away so would have been a big shock to the body.

bbsadmin

#4 Post by bbsadmin »

If you have any swelling in your mouth, it could be a nickel allergy. If you think that is the case, you need to speak to your dentist or orthodontist immediately, as it could be life threatening.
I'm the owner/admin of this site. Had ceramic uppers, metal lowers ~3 years in my early 40's. Now in Hawley retainers at night!

ashuk

#5 Post by ashuk »

Can braces lower your immune system ??

jfriend33

#6 Post by jfriend33 »

ashuk wrote:Can braces lower your immune system ??
That's a interesting question. They could make you more vulnerable orally, by way of all the scrapes or abrasions. Keep your mouth and hands CLEAN.

I had a major issue I will not disclose here but has since been cured and wow, if you travel please use bottled water, bring a waterpik, and get your teeth cleaned every 3 months!

Yes I have experience severe fatigue during the last year of braces. Mini screws didn't ever cause this.