Reverse extraction results by expanding arch/ without implants/ with TADs

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

Bebamel2

Reverse extraction results by expanding arch/ without implants/ with TADs

#1 Post by Bebamel2 »

Hello everyone,

Some people reopen extraction spaces and place implants. But very often its not possible to create enough space for an implant; why not just widen the arch, bring all teeth forward as much as possible( or as much as you want), and move the back molars forward?
Or, reopen the extraction space, and instead of placing implant ( expensive, risky, etc) just moving the back molars forward into the gap by using TADs for example.
I think this technique could restore Smile, lip&cheek support, and just overall aesthetics.

In my case, i "dream" of just moving everything forward almost as it used to be before the extractions, moving molars forward and then, having enough space in the back to fully align wisdom teeth.( 2 are out already, 2 halfway out, all of them to far in the back to function properly) Almost, as if the extraction never happened. But i of course i am aware it will never look like before, but i'm just tryna make the best out of it.

Any doubts ?
Please let me know your thoughts!

Infernalxt

Re: Reverse extraction results by expanding arch/ without implants/ with TADs

#2 Post by Infernalxt »

Hi there. I'm beginning extraction reversals next week. According to my Orthodontist, we're going to expand the arches and move the teeth forward until I'm happy with the aesthetic result and then close the gaps by bringing my molars forward. However, my Orthodontist has suggested that it would work better to have implants put in if we manage to open up the spaces successfully as closing the gaps by bringing the molars forward would take a very long time. So yeah I guess implants save about 8-10 months off treatment time?

assertives

#3 Post by assertives »

Bebamel2 wrote:Hello everyone,

Some people reopen extraction spaces and place implants. But very often its not possible to create enough space for an implant; why not just widen the arch, bring all teeth forward as much as possible( or as much as you want), and move the back molars forward?
Or, reopen the extraction space, and instead of placing implant ( expensive, risky, etc) just moving the back molars forward into the gap by using TADs for example.
I think this technique could restore Smile, lip&cheek support, and just overall aesthetics.

In my case, i "dream" of just moving everything forward almost as it used to be before the extractions, moving molars forward and then, having enough space in the back to fully align wisdom teeth.( 2 are out already, 2 halfway out, all of them to far in the back to function properly) Almost, as if the extraction never happened. But i of course i am aware it will never look like before, but i'm just tryna make the best out of it.

Any doubts ?
Please let me know your thoughts!
I'm curious to see how it went for you. Do you have any pictures to share on your progress?

Bebamel2

#4 Post by Bebamel2 »

[quote="Infernalxt"]Hi there. I'm beginning extraction reversals next week. According to my Orthodontist, we're going to expand the arches and move the teeth forward until I'm happy with the aesthetic result and then close the gaps by bringing my molars forward. However, my Orthodontist has suggested that it would work better to have implants put in if we manage to open up the spaces successfully as closing the gaps by bringing the molars forward would take a very long time. So yeah I guess implants save about 8-10 months off treatment time?[/quote]

Im taking a slightly different approach- We're not opening up the spaces but we will move all teeth forward at once so the space will be created Behind the molars because i am not intending to get implants anymore.

I think what your orthodontist is doing sounds good- in case it wont be possible to open up the spaces, you can just move the molars in.

Technically, implants might safe you time. But maybe you will be happy with the aesthetic result even though the spaces are not 7mm open yet, and that would safe you time too. And it would be less damaging for your teeth to not expand this much ;)

I would Really like to know what appliance you will be using ! How are you going to expand?

Infernalxt

#5 Post by Infernalxt »

[quote="Bebamel2"][quote="Infernalxt"]Hi there. I'm beginning extraction reversals next week. According to my Orthodontist, we're going to expand the arches and move the teeth forward until I'm happy with the aesthetic result and then close the gaps by bringing my molars forward. However, my Orthodontist has suggested that it would work better to have implants put in if we manage to open up the spaces successfully as closing the gaps by bringing the molars forward would take a very long time. So yeah I guess implants save about 8-10 months off treatment time?[/quote]

Im taking a slightly different approach- We're not opening up the spaces but we will move all teeth forward at once so the space will be created Behind the molars because i am not intending to get implants anymore.

I think what your orthodontist is doing sounds good- in case it wont be possible to open up the spaces, you can just move the molars in.

Technically, implants might safe you time. But maybe you will be happy with the aesthetic result even though the spaces are not 7mm open yet, and that would safe you time too. And it would be less damaging for your teeth to not expand this much ;)

I would Really like to know what appliance you will be using ! How are you going to expand?[/quote]

Hi :)

So I just got my appliance 2 days ago. Since I only took off my braces three months ago (where they did extractions), I haven't really experienced bone remodelling nor do I need to expand my maxilla so we are just using springs coils. I have on the Damon Clear system. According to my orthodontist, the Damon's are good enough to expand the arches and the coil springs will be fine to open up the spaces.

At the moment I just have on a light wire with the springs. This month we just want to straighten things up and then we will put in a high torque wire to pull teeth forward and out (they're tipped onwards). That in itself will create a lot of space. After that we will start expanding.

When I put on my braces I already had a mm open at all 4 points from not wearing my retainer. I think that's a sign that my teeth naturally want to move forward and not stay in that awful retracted position.

Do tell me the details of your treatment? I'd like to hear about others going through what I have. :)

Bebamel2

#6 Post by Bebamel2 »

Hello,

Thanks for the information! Its really helpful to know what kind of treatments other people are going through.
Right now i cant tell you much about my treatment, because we've just began talking about it.
I'll keep you updated on the details.
We will defnitely spend lots of time on planning it carefully, he'll make models of what the results will look like etc etc so there wont be any disappointments.

I hope everything goes well with your treatment.

Infernalxt

#7 Post by Infernalxt »

[quote="Bebamel2"]Hello,

Thanks for the information! Its really helpful to know what kind of treatments other people are going through.
Right now i cant tell you much about my treatment, because we've just began talking about it.
We will defnitely spend lots of time on planning it carefully, he'll make models of what the results will look like etc etc so there wont be any disappointments.

I hope everything goes well with your treatment.[/quote]

Hi Bebamel,

Any updates on your course of treatment?

Infernalxt

#8 Post by Infernalxt »

[quote=Bebamel2 post_id=498565 time=1510614444 user_id=30878]
Hello,

I hope everything goes well with your treatment.
[/quote]

Hi Bebamel

Please update on treatment!