Signal boost - AVOID CREST PRO HEALTH MOUTHWASH

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

catteethidk

Signal boost - AVOID CREST PRO HEALTH MOUTHWASH

#1 Post by catteethidk »

Hi all, I just wanted to give a little signal boost to help out everyone here. Often our orthos will prescribe or reccomend mouthwash for keeping our teeth extra clean, and I just wanted to give a callout because you should AVOID Crest Pro-Health mouthwash - it contains a compound that can damage your tastebuds and keep you from tasting your food temporarily, usually for 24-48 hours after use. Using it long enough can even stain your teeth brown. Learned this the hard way when I tried it out this January... luckily I never got to the teeth-turning-brown stage, but after just two uses I couldn't taste any of my food for a good 24 hours after stopping. Aaanyway, hope this helps, bye!

*slides out*

MissEvaH

Re: Signal boost - AVOID CREST PRO HEALTH MOUTHWASH

#2 Post by MissEvaH »

I didn't notice the taste issue but this mouthwash definitely caused brown staining on my teeth near the gums.