Front tooth pain normal?

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

WanderingWallflower

Front tooth pain normal?

#1 Post by WanderingWallflower »

Hi, I've been fully braced for 3 months now.... I've had the upper for four months.. and the bottom three months. I had an over bite of about 2 cm and last time I went to the ortho they put a thicker wire. I forgot for what type of retraction, they told me but it was a new term to me. However, my front tooth is killing me and I can definitely feel the area around it is inflamed... is this normal? Does this mean it's moving? :Questions:

assertives

Re: Front tooth pain normal?

#2 Post by assertives »

Inflammation does not sound normal. But pain in front tooth during braces is as normal as pain in any other tooth that is being moved/aligned. If you feel that this pain in the tooth is different from the pain you have gotten normally after each adjustment, definitely let your ortho know.