Suggestions for curry dishes that are *less* likely to stain

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

Smee

Suggestions for curry dishes that are *less* likely to stain

#1 Post by Smee »

First post. Hi all!

I've a big family gathering tonight at a curry house in the UK. Not attending / abstaining from the food is not an option (it would be rather rude!)

I know in an ideal world I'd avoid curry altogether, but seeing as I can't tonight, can anyone suggest any Indian dishes that are perhaps *less* staining (to ceramics) than others?

Thank you!

WanderingWallflower

Re: Suggestions for curry dishes that are *less* likely to stain

#2 Post by WanderingWallflower »

I actually have the problem where my elastics stain because of curry it's a huge part of my diet... someone recommended using peroxide to clean them after to restore the color and it actually worked. Maybe this can help you? Good luck and enjoy your curry!

assertives

#3 Post by assertives »

The ceramic brackets itself don't stain, it's the rubber bands that do. I think any dish that has tumeric in it is definitely going to stain unfortunately. No way around it. You could go back to your ortho office to get the ligature ties changed if the staining bothers you. Everything I've tried to use to clean my stained rubber bands didn't work for me. :|

MattVII

#4 Post by MattVII »

I think most currys stain the ligatures, even a chicken korma. I've got ceramic braces and can confirm it is just the ligatures that stain, not the brackets (they go a greenish colour on my tooth coloured ligatures).
I either put up with it as it's not massively noticeable or limit having a curry to a day or two before my next ortho appointment!