braces removal??

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

rachelash

braces removal??

#1 Post by rachelash »

so tomorrow i am going in for my retainer impressions, and two weeks after i have my debonding appointment. the problem is, i'm really anxious that i won't get my braces off because of one tooth! one tooth i have is slightly tilting crooked. it is not noticeable from the front, and when i asked my mom if she noticed, she said she didn't. my teeth naturally tilt forward, so idk if it's supposed to happen. i am so scared i won't get them off because the day after my debonding, i have a special thing going on! any advice or ideas to help me relax a bit?

djspeece

Re: braces removal??

#2 Post by djspeece »

Discuss it with your ortho before impressions are made -- he/she may be able to nudge the tooth over a bit with a wire ligature for the impression so that your retainers will fit the ideal configuration of your teeth. Best of luck to you and congratulations!
Dan

Pain is inevitable. Suffering is optional. -- Buddist saying

ray1234

Re: braces removal??

#3 Post by ray1234 »

Best of luck to you and congratulations!